A workers pick tea leaves in Thai Nguyen’s Tan Cuong commune (Photo: VNA)
A seminar was held in the northern province of Thai Nguyen on April 9 to discuss ways to consolidate and protect Thai Nguyen tea brands in US, China, and Taiwan markets.
The event was co-organised by the provincial Department of Science and Technology and the Farmers’ Association and attended by representatives from the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam as well as from tea enterprises.
In order to promote the Thai Nguyen tea brand, local authorities have been advised to actively publicise outstanding achievements in tea production and orientations in developing the industry.
Participants also stressed the need to raise awareness of registering trademarks in these overseas markets.
Safety standards for tea planting and processing were also mentioned.
Currently, Thai Nguyen is ranked second in terms of tea output nationally, just behind Central Highlands Lam Dong province, with more than 20,700 hectares of tea and harvesting some 192,000 tonnes of fresh buds annually.
Only 20-30 percent of Thai Nguyen tea has been exported to overseas markets.
- THAI NGUYEN: PROMOTING THE MOBILIZATION OF SOCIAL RESOURCES FOR INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
- Canada ready to support administrative reform in Vietnam
- THAI NGUYEN REVIEWED AND DECIDED TO INVEST SOME CAPITAL FOR CONSTRUCTION IN THE PROVINCE
- VIETNAM PROMOTES COOPERATION TELECOMMUNICATIONS DEVELOPMENT WITH BOLIVIA
- PROVINCIAL LEADERS WORKING WITH SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS COMPANY LIMITED VIETNAM - THAI NGUYEN
- THE SIGNING CEREMONY OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE MANAGEMENT BOARD OF THAI NGUYEN INDUSTRIAL ZONES AND ALUKO COMPANY – KOREA
- Samsung Thai Nguyen wants to employ 10,000 workers
- BIDV supports construction of pre-schools in Thai Nguyen
- Thai Nguyen tea-most renowned tea brand nationwide