South Korea's Samsung Electronics Vietnam Thai Nguyen (SEVT) Co Ltd recently sent a document to the departments of labour, invalids and social affairs of cities and provinces.
|Workers assemble mobile phones at a factory of South Korea's Samsung Electronics Vietnam (SEVT) Co Ltd in the northern province of Thai Nguyen. The company is expected to recruit 10,000 more workers in 2015.|
In the document, SEVT has asked that it be allowed to recruit 10,000 more workers in 2015.
According to Hai Quan (Customs) newspaper, SEVT wants to recruit secondary or high school graduates to assemble electronic parts and mobile phones.
Samsung will pay them a basic salary of VND3.4 million (approximately US$162) per month.
If allowances and overtime pay are included, workers can earn VND7 million ($333.3) per month.
The company said that while working in SEVT, its employees will have an opportunity to attend a regular college course with four majors, consisting of electronics, accounting and English and Korean languages.
The firm was given an investment certificate on March 19, 2013, by the northern province of Thai Nguyen. The $2-billion project focuses on manufacturing mobile phones, electronic parts and hi-tech electronic products.
Samsung Thai Nguyen currently has about 26,000 workers, which is expected to increase to more than 58,000 by the end of May.
- THAI NGUYEN: PROMOTING THE MOBILIZATION OF SOCIAL RESOURCES FOR INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
- Canada ready to support administrative reform in Vietnam
- THAI NGUYEN REVIEWED AND DECIDED TO INVEST SOME CAPITAL FOR CONSTRUCTION IN THE PROVINCE
- VIETNAM PROMOTES COOPERATION TELECOMMUNICATIONS DEVELOPMENT WITH BOLIVIA
- PROVINCIAL LEADERS WORKING WITH SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS COMPANY LIMITED VIETNAM - THAI NGUYEN
- THE SIGNING CEREMONY OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE MANAGEMENT BOARD OF THAI NGUYEN INDUSTRIAL ZONES AND ALUKO COMPANY – KOREA
- BIDV supports construction of pre-schools in Thai Nguyen
- Seminar discusses ways to promote Thai Nguyen tea brands
- Thai Nguyen tea-most renowned tea brand nationwide